Bar-Talk - practice in English conversation
Be confident in conversation!
Learn to make "small talk" and you will go far!
- to understand different accents
- to network - to offer and share professional help
- to discuss current topics
- to make a good impression
- to get past hello!
Bartalk is sponsored by the English-Speaking Club of Berne
on each Friday evening from 8 to 9 pm
at the ESCB, Laupenstr. 17
The cost per person is ten francs plus a drink from the bar!
Many who visit the club have expressed the desire to practice English.
We have found a way to help improve fluency in communication
and to gain confidence in speaking to others. We do it
through practice and discussion in a group, guided by experts,
and with constant evaluation by all in the group.
And we'll make it fun!
We have asked some experienced teachers and coaches to help.
They have designed a practical format and plan to include
many aspects of informal communication.
The basics of "small talk" will be covered each every week,
but there will also be different themes - like these:
- the first seconds are the most important
- body language - understand and use it!
- the best partner is a good listener
- remembering names and stories
- voice training - how to sound sexy
- psychological aspects
- networking - making professional contacts
- current topics and useful themes
- idiom and slang from many lands
- problem cases and strategies